Module 5: VoiceThread

Module 5 featured the creating of a VoiceThread.  I felt comfortable with this assignment as I have used VoiceThread in my teaching before… until I discovered that I have been ignoring copyright in my use of images.  I had some knowledge about the use of Creative Commons media, but I guess I really wasn’t taking it seriously.  I have yet to receive guidance on this issue from the School Board (there must be a directive that has been given at some point, but it is not clear to me what it is), and this was the first time I received direction from the U of R regarding copyright.  It is something that needs to be addressed, certainly by the school board – maybe it is taken for granted that people understand and follow copyright law.  With the mass explosion of the web, there obviously needs to be a technological infrastructure for allowing people to share their work online, as well as opportunity to legally access a wide range of media.

In the end, it turned out to be a good learning experience…which is what this is all about!  I figured out how to use the CC Search site, and became familiar with the language of Creative Commons licensing.  I ended up using some Creative Commons images but also a number of my own as it just simplified the process.  It is frustrating to me that Google Images renders massive image results but a great percentage them are not under Creative Commons licensing.  Anyway, here is the link to my VoiceThread…and a sneak peek to next week’s module: I will be putting my new knowledge about Creative Commons to work in a Jing!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s